Tuesday, October 23, 2007

B-Hater

I’m a B-hater. Not the little buzzing kind of bees (though they’re not my favorite either) but the big, capital letter B’s, the kind that signify a less than perfect score academically. I’m not saying I’m a perfectionist – you can draw your own conclusions about that – but I am saying that I don’t like the letter B next to my name, especially when I’m expecting to see an A in its place.

Last week when I logged on to my online history course, I clicked on the Gradebook link with confidence. I had studied diligently for my Unit 2 Test, much harder than I had for Unit 1. I had gone into the exam prepared, answering more than the required number of questions in less than the required amount of time. Therefore, I was certain to see an A by my name in the designated box. But an A was not what I saw. A big letter B glared back at me instead, and my heart sank. Sigh.

Doesn’t an A just look perkier than a B? I think it’s because of the pointed top.

The A looks perfect, organized, astute.

The B looks blah, boring, even bad.

So now, particularly when it comes to US History until 1877, I’ve got to work harder to get those curves out, to straighten up, and to find my peak again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You can do it Kristi! And remember, you are also working full-time, a homeowner, a sister, daughter, aunt, friend, etc. etc. We are all very proud of you--B or no B. Keep in mind, B is also for beautiful!