I’m thinking of hiring Merry Maids. I’m assuming they don’t organize papers, rearrange furniture, or clean out closets, but a good overall cleaning wouldn’t hurt anything.Two years ago, I was a great housekeeper, cook, bill-payer, and party-planner. Now I’m a student. I do homework instead of housework. The person I used to be has morphed into someone totally different today, someone who’s slightly unorganized, nearing stressed-out, and struggling to keep up. Instead of having all my paperwork in neatly labeled tubs, it’s in random, scattered piles. Instead of a nightly meal complete with clean-up, I grab fast food and can easily go a week and a half before doing dishes. Instead of focusing on my housework, I’m paper-writing, problem-solving, and test-taking. And by the time I shut the computer down for the night, I’m not about to pick up a broom.
So I guess it’s either Merry Maids or a dirty house. And frankly, I’m not comfortable with either.

No comments:
Post a Comment