Saturday, May 3, 2008

Little Girls to Women

Mother’s Day will be celebrated in a few days all over America. Mothers everywhere will naturally be thinking about that special calling and all it has meant in their lives. As Kristi’s guest blogger, can I share my thoughts on this topic with you?

I have been blessed beyond measure.

First, I have a godly mom (who does not like to be called “mother”) who means the world to me. She has poured into my life for over 50 years and has modeled for me what being a wife and mother is all about. Thanks so much, Mom.

Secondly, I am a mother. My life was forever changed in August of 1978 when Mike and I went to Clarkson Hospital and left a few days later with an 8 lb bundle of responsibility and joy. We returned to Clarkson 2 years later (August, 1980) and received another bundle. . totally different, but totally wonderful. In August, 1982 . . . you guessed it! We went to Clarkson a 3rd time and came home with another beautiful baby girl! (Does that say anything about Novembers in Iowa?!)

I can’t even begin to share the impact these three “bundles” have had on my life. Watching them grow and growing myself along the way has been amazing. The last 30 years have been a great conglomeration of joy, pain, fear, security, hurts, blessing, laughing and tears. I have made tons of mistakes along the way. Please forgive me, Kari, Kristi and Angie. And thank you SO much for the enormous amount of love, joy and pride that fills my heart today because of each one of you.

Since this is Kristi’s blog, I want to share two pictures of her. My family will tell you I could share thousands of picture of all 3 girls and thousands more of my grandkids! I have somewhat of a reputation in the picture taking department!

Kristi didn’t want a strange photographer to take her picture. Can you see the fear and the hint of a tear? You can’t see the candy sucker she is holding . . . bribery to pose for a brief moment in the presence of a stranger. Isn’t she cute?!

Here is Kristi, over 25 years later. She has just been received into Phi Theta Kappa. She now owns her own home. She has a handsome boy friend. Does she still have fears? I’m sure! Is her future clear? Not at all! But isn’t she beautiful?

All 3 of my daughters have had different experiences and accomplished so many neat things. (Did I mention my 4 awesome grand kids?!) Life as a Mom is good and so much more than I ever dreamed it would be. Hard? Oh yeah! But so worth every minute!

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an inspiring quest blogger. Will you be starting one of your own in the near future. You are guaranteed at least one visitor to your site. I am always blessed when I hear from you. Since this is already posted I am assuming you do not need the photo I just sat down to try and find. Please forgive me for being so slow. Hope you have the greatest mother's day ever. You deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Mom. I love you!