Friday, February 9, 2007

Relax

You know those single word plaques you can purchase for your home? You can buy words like Faith, Hope, Believe, Dream, or Simplify. It’s not that I don’t like these words, or wouldn’t love to have them adorning my home, but I needed a different one… one that applied more to my day-to-day situation. I bought “RELAX.”

It’s a nice reminder. I hung it on the wall in my bedroom, and I’m contemplating buying 2 more – one for my living room, and one for my car. I’m not sure they’re made for cars, but relax would be a good word to remember while driving.

Relax – don’t let everything get to you. Relax - don’t take everything personally. Relax - don’t be so selfish. Relax - don’t be so stressed. Just enjoy life. Just enjoy moments. Just enjoy people.

I’ll let you know how it goes.

What word would you choose for your reminder?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is good for me. It makes me smile . . . but it also makes me think. For a couple days I've been pondering what my word would be. I think it is hope. Not in me or my ability. Not in my circumstances to always be good. In fact, when I focus on me or circumstances around me it often seems pretty hopeless. But God would have me to focus on Him. Then I see hope.

Scrambled Dregs said...

Embrace.

I tend to run from, or avoid, or work around things in my life.

Embrace would remind me to stop and feel, pray, accept, and trust.

Embrace or Seize life...whatever it looks like at the moment.