Friday, April 20, 2007

Curbside Caper Continues

Today is Friday, a crucial day in my neighborhood, a day that, if ignored, could cause malodorous conditions and unpleasant neighborhood relations. It’s garbage day; which, as you know, was exceptionally important this week as it was time for my curbside caper investigation to begin. Driving down my road on my way to work this morning, I eyed the neighbor’s goods. Did anyone have a navy blue Rubbermaid garbage can perched at the end of their drive?

Interestingly enough, I did notice a house boasting of a can identical to my missing one. But here is my quandary… did they have that can before (revealing the excellence of their character and the impeccability of their taste in curbside containers) or are they the family that snatched mine (now arrogantly displaying the plunder of their crime)?

Part of me feels an instinctive urge to snatch it back. And part of me is quite content with my new brown can, however short and squatty as it may be. The new can is not tall and lean like its predecessor, and sadly (I didn’t notice this in the store), it is not equipped with a pair of wheels to aid its owner in transport. However, it is new. And it is mine… for only $10.96.

1 comment:

Scrambled Dregs said...

I think God wants us to be content in our curbside containers as well as the rest of life.

I'm glad you thought before you snatched. You could have started quite a curb-war if the can had been your impeccably-tasted neighbors.