Friday, May 11, 2007

7 Random Facts

Recently, I was tagged in a blogger chain game. Each blogger must share 7 Random Facts about themselves on their blog. I encourage you to comment by posting a random fact about yourself. Let's make this fun!


Here they are:


1) I’m currently mourning the disappearance of preview signs at drive-thrus. What ever happened to them? It used to be you could sit in a drive-thru lane, and several car-lengths behind the order window would be an identical sign featuring all the menu items and prices. To me, this provided a valuable asset to a convenient drive-thru experience. These signs enabled me to be more prepared when it came time to order and thus more relaxed. Everyone knows that as you approach the order sign, you need to know what you want and be ready to belt it out as quickly and as loudly as possibly, “Yeah, can I get a …..” At that point, it’s time to order, not time to decide. You can’t really sit there and say, “Umm… Umm…” like you do at sit-down restaurants. You can’t turn to your passengers and say, “I’m not sure what to order. What are you going to order?”

So where did these signs go? Did too many people pull-up confused and try to order at the preview sign? Or did cars stop for too long, lingering over what to order, blocking the rest of the line from proceeding forward? What was the purpose in their removal? Just wondering.

2) I am a clutter-killer, a junk-hater, a counter-clearer. I don’t like stacks of paper, boxes of old stuff, or piles of possibilities. I throw it all out. I don’t keep what I don’t need. I’ve been known to take this to extremes sometimes, even to the point of throwing out perfectly good items because I don’t have a space for them, or I don’t want to take the time to find someone who might possibly consider them wonderful. I just toss them.

3) I have Superwoman dreams with Lucy Riccardo realities. Every once in a while, randomly, I feel like I have all the power in the world – the ability, the coordination, the will of an athlete. In an instant, I feel confident that I could compete. “I can do that,” I think. One time it manifested itself in running; I felt sure I could race my boyfriend and win (my boyfriend, a high school track star and all around impressive athlete). I challenged him to a race, and found out quite quickly that I was way off. I trailed by quite a bit, and he had even given me a head start. Oops! My random confidence is often quickly replaced by the reality of my clumsiness. My heart is athletic; my body is not.

4) I find myself drawn to receding hairlines. I’m not a guy-watcher. I don’t go around scoping out or scrounging around for good-looking guys. But on the rare occasion that one walks past me and really catches my eye, I’ve always noticed they have one thing in common – a receding hairline and very short hair. I also notice those who are completely bald with a shaved head. This is not a new thing. It’s just always been this way. Why the fascination?!

5) I used to own personalized pants. When I was in the fourth grade, I went through a peculiar phase where I wanted my name on everything. I don’t know if it was started by my Grandma, who every year gives personalized stocking stuffers – pencils, tablets, and most recently rolling pins – but it struck its peak at the age of 10. I had a pink Minney Mouse t-shirt that said “Kristi” across the back, a sweatshirt that said the same, and then the infamous sweatpants – “Kristi” down the leg. Grey sweatpants, big red letters. How great is that?

6) I’m a sore loser. I understand that a dislike for losing is fairly common, but I don’t believe that my behavior patterns are mimicked by many. I get tense, mouthy, and sometimes even cry. (I hate admitting this huge character flaw). My desire to win (or at least be respectable) becomes overwhelming, and as I attempt to play better, I generally get worse. Tips on improvement are not well received though often well intended. Competition just seems to bring out the worst in me... but I’m working on it.

7) I crave chocolate daily at 3:00 P.M. It’s like clockwork. I’m sitting at my desk typing, designing powerpoint, or working on finances when all of the sudden it hits. A wave of desire. Mmmm… chocolate sounds good. Glancing at the clock I see how long it will be until I’m off work. 3:00. Always. Within 15 minutes on either side. I need to start keeping a stash in my top drawer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Random fact: I don't like to work on Friday afternoon . . especially if I have my work caught up and others have already started their weekend by leaving early. I want to sneak out too . . but don't want the boss to call at 4:25 and find I am not at my post. So instead I pulled out the chocolate stash I have in my drawer. Do you think it will last until 4:30?!

Scrambled Dregs said...

Ha. Thanks for sharing. I already posted mine so I'm all out.

I can tell you that I once nearly creamed Rob while trying to prove my prowess on his motorcycle, and that he retaliated by sending me airborne during snow-mobiling...

Anonymous said...

I have this weird habit of smelling everything. Even if I know it stinks or is gross I have this urge to smell it no matter what it is like I am drawn to it like some sort of force or something. I just like to smell things! ( :