After months of gathering gift cards and earning reward points, David and I purchased the newest in gaming console crazes this weekend, the Wii."Nintendo spells "Wii" with two lower-case "i" characters meant to resemble two people standing side by side, representing players gathering together, as well as to represent the console's controllers. The company has given many reasons for this choice of name since the announcement; however, the most well known is:
Wii sounds like 'we', which emphasizes that the console is for everyone. Wii can easily be remembered by people around the world, no matter what language they speak. No confusion. No need to abbreviate. Just Wii." *
Just “we.” Just us. Just our friends and family. Gathering to game. All with one big eye-opener for me.
This morning, David and I each created a character resembling ourselves, called a Mii. We selected face shapes, heights, weights, hair-colors, eye-colors, even eyebrow shapes seeking to resemble the traits we actually bear. We named our characters and then proceeded to the next step… the fitness test. This test analyzes each player’s stamina, balance, and speed, thus assigning them a physical age at which they are performing, from age 20 on up. With Wii remote securely in hand, I began the vigorous assessment, which monitored my ability to hit homeruns in baseball, return volleys in tennis, and pick up spares in bowling. After a few successes dispersed among many failed attempts, the word “Finished” flashed upon the screen. Then the system began computing, and soon the results were in. The eye-opener? My physical performance age is 80. 80! Maybe I should take my Wii down to the local retirement community and do my gaming there. Maybe my definition of “we” should be altered to include more senior citizens and fewer young adults.
So now my Mii (which David thinks should be re-named “Granny”) has a starting capability of an 80 year old. These results are saved in my profile and each time I play more results will be added. At least I’ve left myself room for improvement!
Just “we.” Just us. Just our friends and family. Gathering to game. All with one big eye-opener for me.
This morning, David and I each created a character resembling ourselves, called a Mii. We selected face shapes, heights, weights, hair-colors, eye-colors, even eyebrow shapes seeking to resemble the traits we actually bear. We named our characters and then proceeded to the next step… the fitness test. This test analyzes each player’s stamina, balance, and speed, thus assigning them a physical age at which they are performing, from age 20 on up. With Wii remote securely in hand, I began the vigorous assessment, which monitored my ability to hit homeruns in baseball, return volleys in tennis, and pick up spares in bowling. After a few successes dispersed among many failed attempts, the word “Finished” flashed upon the screen. Then the system began computing, and soon the results were in. The eye-opener? My physical performance age is 80. 80! Maybe I should take my Wii down to the local retirement community and do my gaming there. Maybe my definition of “we” should be altered to include more senior citizens and fewer young adults.
So now my Mii (which David thinks should be re-named “Granny”) has a starting capability of an 80 year old. These results are saved in my profile and each time I play more results will be added. At least I’ve left myself room for improvement!
(*quoted from wikipedia.org)

1 comment:
Ha.
I hope you read Jordan's Wii experiences...these things can be very dangerous!
Post a Comment