My work day always start the same way. The first five tasks on my list are mindlessly repeated each morning without thought or question. As soon as I’m seated in my swivel chair, my monitor is powered on and my mouse begins moving. Checking e-mails is my first priority. I proceed from one account to the next, entering passwords and sifthing through messages.But today I was interrupted. Mid routine, a pop-up invaded my screen, layering itself on top of my in-box.
“1 item is affecting your status.”
I’ve gotten this message before. Normally I click “Ignore” and deal with it later. Today I read it differently. Today, as my eyes scanned the words, I saw it as a pop-up from God. “1 item is affecting your status.”
The box that enclosed the warning contained the header “Attention Required.” Below it were 2 options, “Fix now” or “Ignore.” Each option was a link – each would take you somewhere, either back to what you were doing or on to troubleshoot a solution. At the bottom were the words “Protection Center.” The whole thing was shaded in yellow hues - the color of warning, the color of yielding, the color that says “Proceed with Caution.”
My system wasn’t clean; it was threatened…affected. With a choice now before me, the strength and quality of my connection was at stake. Today, I chose to “Fix Now.”
But “fix now” didn’t mean fix immediately. The process took awhile, my morning routine was altered, my to-do list delayed. A progress bar appeared on my screen as files were inspected and the system was checked. I didn’t proceed until my status was “good.”
Is there an item affecting your status? Do you need a full-system scan? Is something blocking your relationship with God? Is something clogging your connection to your spouse, a friend, or a coworker? The options are to “Ignore” or to “Fix now.” You can choose to be inconvenienced and uncomfortable for awhile in order to reach resolution, or you can choose ignorance and effortlessness in order to return to your routine. You can protect the vitality of your bond, or you can risk a virus. 1 item is affecting your status. Click “Fix now.”

3 comments:
Isn't it amazing how God gets our attention?! And isn't it amazing that the God of the Universe, with all power and authority, allows us the option of ignoring Him and/or things in our life that need attention?!! But in the same respect He allows the natural consequence of ignoring the warnings . . . breakdown, even total shut down.
I love how you can see the spiritual in the little moments of life.
Thanks for the "heads up". I needed it.
Post a Comment