I'm currently working on a posting, which you can watch for in the next couple of days. But in the meantime, post a comment that completes this sentence:
having a cup of camrmel flavored coffee with Erin or Erik, sitting next to Laurie while reading a book, taking Hannah to school, having a deep conversation with Mark, talking to friend about nothing in particular.
Thoughts. We don’t get to pick them. They often just appear out of nowhere. But we do get to pick which ones we ponder, which ones we expand on, which ones we keep. I like to pick the random ones and search for meaning in them. I like to speculate, formulate, and articulate. I like to make discoveries, and if I can’t discover, then I at least want to discuss.
Maybe this is what life is like. We can’t control all that happens to us. Some things are boring and lacking, some are exciting and impressive, others are unexpected and painful. But in all of these, we can search for meaning, sift through the moments, and choose what to dwell on. These writings are my “dwellings.”
5 comments:
focusing on the things that matter and make us feel alive. Jesus, family, people -- for starters.
to love and be loved.
..."family time" with David and Brunner. Each night before David leaves to go home, the 3 of us gather on the guest bed at my house.
having a cup of camrmel flavored coffee with Erin or Erik, sitting next to Laurie while reading a book, taking Hannah to school, having a deep conversation with Mark, talking to friend about nothing in particular.
knowing that I am forgiven.
Post a Comment